Saturday, October 27, 2007

THETAWAVES :: Painting Daily


After the dotcom crash, I began to paint seascapes. They were my refuge from the insanity of the high tech world...
I had gone back to school in 1998 to study web design, because that's where all of the graphic design jobs were. By 1999 I was at Oracle doing HTML. But by 2001, the game appeared to be over. Every programmer on the planet was working on Y2K (remember?) and everyone else was building web pages. Then, everything fell off a cliff. Now what? I thought I might as well do some paintings...

Seascapes may not be considered "art" by the powers that be in the art world, but I think it's like playing the classics for a musician - how can you keep a pianist from playing Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata? It may even take a lifetime to get it right, but someone who is obsessed will never give up.
The devotion that it takes humbles the spirit and transforms the ego into submission to the beauty of the planet...

This (48 x 36) seascape was just rocks and water until I added the pelicans... See more pelicans below, and on
www.fine-art.com/marte8

No comments: